In this article, we will show you how to secure passwords by replacing the default permissions with a select number of users or groups.
If your IT service provider has enabled Default Security, then any passwords you create will be visible to you only until you change the permissions for each of your passwords.
- Open the password and click Edit (top right). Or if the asset doesn't yet exist, create it now.
- Scroll down to the Security section and choose the Specific users and/or groups can access this Password option.
- In the MyGlue Groups drop down, deselect the relevant boxes so that only the desired groups are selected. If a group is grayed out, that means you are not a member of that group, but you can still select it.
- In the MyGlue Users drop down, deselect the relevant boxes so that only the desired users are selected.
- Click Save for the new restrictions to take effect immediately.
Keep in mind the password name can still appear in activity feeds and in places such as related items, but access will still be restricted to just the groups and users you specified above.
Now you can view the resulting permissions for the asset from the Passwords list view. For more information, see this article.
Removing explicitly set permissions
To reset the password to the default permissions again, select the first option from the password's Security section and then click Save.