When setting up your MyGlue account, your IT Glue administrator would have chosen a default permission applicable to all new password assets you create in MyGlue. The default permissions are below:
- All MyGlue users with access to the organization have access by default - Passwords created by MyGlue users will be visible to all other MyGlue users with access to the same organization. This ensures that a low-risk and widely used password is easily accessible.
- Only the creator has access by default - Passwords created by MyGlue users are visible only to that user. This ensures that a password is not exposed to an entire group or organization upon creation.
- Specific groups and/or users with access to the organization can access by default - Passwords created by MyGlue users will be automatically shared to specifically chosen MyGlue groups/users or IT Glue groups. This means that MyGlue users don’t need to remember to set those permissions each time they create a password. The password creator will still have access.
In this article, we will show you how to edit security settings on passwords.
- Open the password and click Edit (top right). Or if the asset doesn't yet exist, create it now.
- Scroll down to the Security section and choose the Specific users and/or groups can access this Password option.
- In the MyGlue Groups drop down, deselect the relevant boxes so that only the desired groups are selected. If a group is grayed out, that means you are not a member of that group, but you can still select it.
- In the MyGlue Users drop down, deselect the relevant boxes so that only the desired users are selected.
- In the IT Glue Groups drop down, deselect the relevant boxes so that only the desired groups are selected.
- Click Save for the new restrictions to take effect immediately.
Keep in mind the password name can still appear in activity feeds and in places such as related items, but access will still be restricted to just the groups and users you specified above.
Now you can view the resulting permissions for the asset from the Passwords list view. For more information, see this article.
Removing explicitly set permissions
To reset the password to the default permissions again, select the first option from the password's Security section and then click Save.