When you sign in to MyGlue, the first page you’ll usually see is the Passwords list view, depending on whether passwords are enabled on your account.
Once you’ve documented many passwords, this screen gives you a bird’s eye view of all your passwords: ones you've created and ones you've been given access to.
The permission security is part of the view. Hover over the padlock icon to see who can access that asset. When the padlock is open, the permissions associated with that asset are the same as the organization's. When the padlock is closed, there have been changes to a person's or group's access to that password.
To open a password, click on that row. To view the encrypted password on screen, click the password field. This decrypts the password and displays it in plain text for 30 seconds.
You can also click the "Copy to clipboard" button next to the password to copy it without displaying it on screen.
Note: If you have access to list views for other asset types, you can add other types of assets in the same way as described below. Instead of entering password details, enter the common fields you use for new assets like the one you are creating.
- Sign in to MyGlue and select the organization you are a part of (if not automatically taken to your organization's main page).
- Click Passwords in the left-side of the screen.
- Click the +New button in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Give your credential a descriptive name, for example, Alarm Code, Fedex Pickup Login, Staples Login, Adobe Creative Cloud Login, etc.
- Fill out the other fields needed for the login. Usually, the Username and Password fields are necessary. The show password icon (eye icon) can be used to toggle visibility when entering your password.
- If you're changing the password, click the Generate button to generate a strong password.
- If this is an online account, enter the URL of the website you’ll be accessing. Be sure to include http(s):// or www at the beginning of the URL. Otherwise, the link will not be clickable in the mobile app.
- Enter any other useful information in the Notes area. This is handy for things like account numbers, loyalty program numbers, and other details you want to include.
- Attach any files that are related to the password. You can use one of the following methods to upload files: Drag and drop files from your desktop or click in the dotted outline area and select the files you'd like to upload. The maximum attachment size is 50MB.
- Change the security permissions if needed. The permissions will decide which users and groups from your MyGlue account, or which groups from your IT service provider's IT Glue account, can access the password.
- Click Save.
You can initiate an edit from the list view or from where you view the password as described here:
- Open the password you want to edit.
- Click the Edit button in the top right.
- Make your changes.
- If you're not changing the actual password, leave the password field blank to keep the existing password.
- Click Save.
Depending on your user permissions, you may be able to delete a password from the list view or from where you view the password as described here.
Keep in mind that anything deleted from your MyGlue account is immediately deleted. There is no way for a MyGlue user to undo this action.
- Open the password you want to delete.
- Click the Delete button in the top right.
- On the confirmation prompt, click Yes to delete it.